Sunday, May 20, 2007

Taking hold of the power given...

Today at church someone had a picture of ravenous wolves, with extra large teeth (out of proportion). They were in a pack, but then this person was walking up to them calmly, and although they didn't want to (the wolves) the parted. Not only did they part, but they bowed before this person, all the while they were growling and nashing their teeth. This person who was walking through, the lady said, that they were just pure holiness.
She then went to give an explanation which i can't recall, but the reason i am writing this is because this picture spoke to me in a different way to what she explained. I had been praying, during church just before, that God would give me the courage to take hold of the power that He has given us through the Spirit.

John 14:11-13:
11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

And well, i saw the wolves as demons trying to hold us back, or hold me back from taking hold of that power. And the person walking, i was thinking that is someone who has taken hold of the power, and what great things he can do in the power given to all those who believe in Him.
There is still but hope for me, to take hold of this power...
Alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.