Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Brasilian

There is a Brasilian team here at the moment learning english, although they all speak it really well. There is two guys here who i get along with well and they love football, obviously. They got invited to go and play with the men of a church and they invited me as well. It was just what i needed. It was so cool. Actually they had the heat up (inddors) so high that it was worse when i was sitting down than when i was running around, or maybe i just didn't notice it as much...

But it is so good to have some single guys here now. The majority of the people here are females, which is fine, but i have found it a bit frustrating, to just not have another guy here really. Someone that i get on with really well. And God provided two, two Brasilians. Amazing really.
At one point it was getting to me quiet a bit. I would ask my friends if they wanted to hang out and go grab a drink in the evening and they would agree, which was great. But the one thing i didn't really think about until one of the guys that i live with, pointed it out, was that all my friends were female. I invited him out, and he asked who was going, so i rattled off a few names and realised that they were all females, and he just started to laugh and said, 'Alex, how do you do it? Every time, just females. How do you do it?' That really frustrated me and so i didn't organise anything really, after that. I thought that he had a point and so i just kinda gave up... unfortunately Erika and I were talking about a week ago and realised that since the time i refused to organise anything social, we hadn't really hung out properly...
But now God has brought two Brasilian guys, who are single and enjoy my company and i theres.... it is a little more even now...

Alex

1 comment:

marcel said...

That's cool. I can see how you struggled just by how you describe the time you had with them. Happy for ya!