Thursday, January 18, 2007

Moving...

Since my last post a lot of things have happened. For one i have now moved out of the dorm, or as other people like to call in the compound, which i have been staying in for the past three months. It was a great experience but now that, that is over i am in for a lot more new experiences. For example, me moving out signifies that the first part of my gap year has come to a complete, and now i am moving into the next part.

The next part involves an a lot more active role, meaning, that instead of taking lectures most of the day, i will be out and about, hopefully getting my kayaking and climbing awards, doing student work and other many more adventures. For about 4 weeks from last week, we will be doing two trips, one to a mountain and then leading ourselves all over the place to learn how to use a map and walk about, and the other trip to a cave so that we can see the beauty that God has created beneath the ground....

Also, i need to make a note of this, becasue i have moved out of he compound it means that i cannot just sleep in and get up just in time for some breakfast and then straight into whatever is happening that day. No, not anymore, now i have to wake up early enough for breakfast, making my packed lunch, and then riding in on my newly found bike which takes about a half hour. However i hope to shorten that time once i have sorted my bikes' back wheel out. At the moment it rubs against the frame of the bike, slowing me down quite a bit when i am not peddeling...

But so not to end on a moan, the family that i am living with now is great. They foster two boys aged about 8 and then there are also two of the guys that i work with every day who also stay with the same family. It is really nice community there. However, please pray that i can quickly settle in and start to feel like it is my home as well, or at least that my room is my home but i also live here... Thanks

Enough of my move for now...
Take care
Alex

No comments: