Thursday, December 14, 2006

Work...

For those of you who don't know, i am in Cyprus, where i will be spending christmas with my family and friends here. Also i would like you to note that i have a job for two out of the three weeks of my stay in Cyprus. This way i will be able to raise some money for my next six months. Oh by the way my next six months will be spent in Wales. Some may know that at some point i was not sure where i should be spending my six months, but the decision was made and i will be staying in Wales, which i think is great for several reasons. One i get to learn some really cool things, eg climbing, kayaking, youth work, communication ect. Two the people there are excellent and so i know that i will learn so much...
However, this post is not about what i will be doing in the next six months but about my job. This job is a blessing. It is the first job which i have kept for longer than 24hrs. I have had two previous jobs, that within the first 24hrs i have quit. Now for me to stay in this job, says that i am enjoying it. And i am. Today is the end of the first week of work, one left and then holiday with my family...
Yesterday i went to Ayia Napa and Paralimny, where i helped install an electric lock and five hanging signs, and took a safe and a mini-bar. It took us all day to do all of this, which was really nice, i really enjoyed it. Apart from enjoying the work i also enjoyed the long ride as i was able to think about my future a bit and what i want to do. Life is so confussing...
Today unfortunately was not as interesting as yesterday. I helped set up an electric telescope automatic door, and well it still doesn't work. The person i was helping called and asked for a manual from the door suppliers, and the person at the other end was having a good laugh as he had stopped selling this particular module 10 years ago, and yet the door that we were working on was brand new, two years old, but not used...
At the office there is a selection of people from different countries. The big boss is a Cypriot. Then in the department that i am working in, there is a Lebanese man, a German and a Cypriot. These guys are excellent. Heka funny. I can't really explain it, it is just heka funny. The german is trying to fix up his newly aquired apartment and is always coming in with new problems or successess. The Cypriot loves to find the best deals around and to make fun of the German, while the Lebanese man keeps the order really... It is a pretty cool atmosphere, which is the main reason that i have really enjoyed staying and working with them.
Well have a great day and hope to see you soon, where ever you are...
Alex

1 comment:

Jen said...

Woo HOO! SO exciting that you have a job for a couple weeks. I am praying there are no strange dreams convince you to rethink your job :) But I am sure that won't happen since it is such a class job.
Merry Christmas!
Give your family and everyone else my greetings :)