Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Oh what a rush...

Well we are back from Scotland, all in one piece. It has been a crazy hard week, everyday waking up early, and then setting off to walk or climb a side of a mountain, in the snow and cold. But truth be told, we had amazing weather. On wednesday the skies cleared and, oh boy oh boy oh boy, what a view... I would love to have shown you what i saw that day but i lost my camera film while going up Ben Nevis, which is the highest mountain in Britain, so you will have to make do with what other people saw, which is pretty much the same as me:)...
A few facts of the week for you:
-My beard froze three days out of the Five
-For a few moments i was the tallest person in all of Britain
-It was cold
-There was a lot of snow
-I had fun and probably do it again, but only after a while, so that i forget the pain in my legs...
The community that we had was just really cool. I feel that we are got that much closer while on the trip.
On the personal development side, one thing i was thinking of was that we have all been created individually, by that i mean that we are all different and that is what we are supposed to be. I many situations where i have found myself in a bit of a stux, i have also found myself thinking what someone i respect would do in that situation. But as i walked through the snow, making my own tracks instead of following behind with the others, i realised that i was being an individual and that i was being different and that God made me like that and that He delights in us when we are ourselves...
Well pictures will follow....
Take care
Alex

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for individuality.
Praise God for showing you awesome truths in the snow.
Glad you had fun

HeLen said...

HOOTY HOO!!