Sunday, July 23, 2006

Randomly, Suddenly, just like that...

Have you ever thrown up for no apparent reason, just randomly, suddenly? I did just that only a couple of days ago. Three friends and I went out to a café in Lefkosia, the capital of Cyprus. We spent about two hours there just hanging out and enjoying each other’s company. To our dismay the café did not have any air conditioning, and even though it was an old house, which meant it had high ceilings, the heat really go to me. None of us had any alcoholic beverages. By the end of two hours and several glasses of water, I needed the bathroom and some cool fresh air. I had a really bad head ache and I knew that when I stood up I would feel even worse.

We started to leave. I climbed down the 4 or 5 steps at the entrance and started heading up the way we had come. By the way, the road that this café was, did not look like a road that was meant to be full of life, but one that if there was less light, one where people would get mugged. The road was narrow and there were houses on both sides, with not much light coming through. At the end of the road there was a metal fence that had been knocked down, and inside the garden did not look very well taken care of.

Any way, we turned the corner and as we were walking, I suddenly realised that something was wrong. It was not my head ache, that was still there, and when I closed my eyes the world still spun. My friends were all still there talking about something or other that was of little significance really. By the time I realised that I was throwing up all I could think of was what a mess I was making, and who on earth would clean it up. My friends stopped and made sure that I was ok once I had finished. The weird thing was that I had no idea that I was going to throw up and that at the end of it I felt a bit better than before. It was great.

Take care.

No comments: